It may seem immodest to for an outplacement agency to name itself as one of the best outplacement companies in the USA. It isn’t really because we work really hard to truly help those in career transition. We actually care about those using our outplacement services and go out of our way to help. We don’t have “office hours”. Clients don’t have to make “appointments” with us. We don’t limit the length of our services (we stay with the person in outplacement until after they’ve found their new job). We are there when there is a need – at 3am if that is when they need to talk. Helping those using our outplacement services both find a job and find support during the process is our mission and passion.
In this time of the Covid-19 pandemic, we believe it is important to really understand “What is outplacement?” Simply put, outplacement is:
- A sign that a company values the people that work for it; that the company takes the practice of “corporate responsibility” seriously;
- A way to show clients, remaining employees and others that you are doing your best to help ex-employee with outplacement services; reducing negative employee morale hits and negative customer reaction;
- A way to show the exiting employee that you want to help; reducing negative feelings toward you, the chance of litigation, poor social media reviews;
- A way to help those in outplacement find a new position much more quickly than would normally be possible without outplacement assistance;
- A way to ensure that those utilizing outplacement services are truly being helped;
- A way to provide needed career assessment, resume writing, job search strategy, interview training and a wide range of other related services.
Outplacement is the tangible way a company proves it cares. The good news is that outplacement is very inexpensive. Most people are surprised at how affordable it is. When you factor in that people in outplacement normally get back to work much faster than those not provided outplacement services, and the money you save on unemployment taxes, lawyer fees, employee turnover, etc., the ROI of outplacement is very positive.
Again, due to Covid-19, we’ve made a commitment to use video conference technology (Skype, Zoom, etc.) to meet with those in our outplacement services. We still want to connect. Surprisingly, we’ve found that this is very, very effective (saves the person in outplacement a lot of time) and feels very “real” to all concerned. We’ve always been a “high touch” company – now we are using Zoom, Skype, etc. to make those touches. We have decided to continue you this when the Covid-19 pandemic ends. This is a wonderful way to help people.
We’d be excited to talk to you about your outplacement needs. Please do call Rick at 309.310.5982 to find out how we can help.