A good resume represents who you are to a prospective employer. A well craftedresume can be very helpful in your search for “the” job. A bad resume, on the other hand, can hurt your job search efforts.
Guide to a Stronger Resume.
- Optimize Your Resume for the ‘Scan’.No matter how impressive your accomplishments might be, if your resume doesn’t have a well-thought format, it can fail the ‘scan’ test. Your resume is rarely read from start to finish by the hiring manager. Generally, hiring managers only have time to take a brief look at the format of what you’ve written. If your resume looks clunky, managers will often not invest time to look deeper; they just go to the next resume.
Make sure you are using an attractive, easy to figure out and read format for your resume. Leave complex designs, fancy fonts and pictures for another time. Here are some ideas:
- Use bullet points to highlight important achievements or responsibilities.
- Reduce the use of underlying and italics, as these only make your resume harder to read.
- Use wider margins and plenty of white space to ensure hiring managers can easily read and recognize important information on your resume.
- Use Proper Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation.
The use of good spelling, proper punctuation and grammar sends a message that you are careful in your work, that you sweat the details and can follow guidelines. With grammar and spelling checking on most popular word processing software programs today (Word, Google Docs, etc.), there is no reason to have mistakes on your resume. Unfortunately, one missed comma or misspelled word can easily result in you being disqualified for a good job.
A Word About Outplacementcompany.net
Outplacementcompany.net provides corporate outplacement services to organizations located in Chicago, Illinois, downstate Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana and throughout the rest of the continental United States. Outplacementcompany.net differs itself our competition because of our unwavering dedication those in career transition. We recognize that what we do impacts human beings lives and act accordingly. We are here to help!
309.664.7741 (Central Illinois)
Outplacementcompany.net is a division of Performance Growth Partners Inc. Please see our websites at performtogrow.com or outplacementcompany.net.